Job advertisement (honorary employee): Textcafé Tutor*innen of AStA International Department of the JGU Mainz
The General Students' Committee (AStA) of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz (JGU) is looking for tutors for grammatical and stylistic proofreading of various German-language academic texts by international students as part of the Textcafé project, which is organized and managed by the International Department of the AStA of the JGU.
- make grammatical corrections and comment on grammatical deficiencies or suggest a more appropriate expression
- advise students on their writing style so that it is considered scientific (following the usual guidelines)
- Respond to emails from students with questions about their text or language ambiguities
What you bring to the table
- independent, dedicated, and reliable work ethic.
- full command of the German language, especially in scientific style.
- proficiency in other languages is also welcome (especially, but not exclusively, English)
- preferably experience in writing and proofreading scientific texts.
- friendly and open to working with international students
- remuneration on a fee basis (taxable yourself)
- The amount of work depends on the work demand in the month, as it will be evenly distributed among the whole tutor* team.
- Full home office and flexible working hours
- An open-minded, diverse and dedicated team
Application deadline 07/18/2022
Please send your application letter, CV and any questions to:
The AStA would like to counteract existing social disadvantages. In the sense of §5 AGG (Allgemeines Gleichbehandlungsgesetz) we demand FLINTA*-Persons1 , People of Color, racialized people, people with disabilities, trans*idente people, queer people, people with migration history, people who are exposed to fatphobia or discrimination due to their weight, working class children, people who are affected by classism or discriminated against due to their social background, people with children, as well as people with any nationality, religion and sexual orientation, or other too